Blog Post #2

I have been to Carkeek Park quite a few times. We took our engagement pictures there. We usually go look at the Sound, so I had actually had never been to see the area with the little creek. I really enjoyed being outside and experiencing what we are learning in class in real life. It’s a great way to see Western Washington Ecology come to life. I really appreciated learning about the importance of salmon to our ecosystem. It is very disheartening knowing that future generations may not have the same amount of salmon or any salmon during their lifetime. Visiting Carkeek park and learning about the effects of man-made pollution reignited my interest in environmental issues. It definitely changed my perspective from passive interest to active awareness.

What are ways to increase the salmon population? What are ways to protect organisms in their habitat?

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture, fallen leaves are one of my favorite things about autumn. Learning more about the dying salmon population has definitely opened my eyes to just how critical it is that we work towards saving them, before it is too late.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will talk a lot about conservation and what you can do towards the end of the class... it's my personal goal that you all walk away from the class wanting to do something to protect our beautiful PNW and the organisms that make it wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts