NW Trek






This was my first trip to NW Trek. I enjoyed the trip, but it was disappointing that some exhibits were closed. I know that the bears are hibernating, but I would have enjoyed seeing them. The coolest thing about the trip was learning about the opossums. Even though they are mostly just prey, they are interesting creatures that use different tactics to avoid being eaten. They play dead and even release gross smells to disgust predators. I also like how they scare predators by showing all their teeth. It was also really interesting learning how strong opossum mothers and their offspring are. Their babies have to travel all the way to the pouch when they are still  embryos.
            My favorite part of the trip was the tram ride. Our guide, Adam, gave us lots of thought- provoking and detailed information. He was a great narrator to all that we were viewing.

            I think this field trip should be optional. It is a long trip; five hours total of traveling. I enjoyed it, but considering the travel time and with the closures of some exhibits, I did not think it was worth the expenditures. Shannon Point is definitely the winner when it comes to field trips!

Comments

  1. Hello,
    I also really enjoyed seeing and learning about the opossum. I was also slightly sad that the bear exhibit was closed, but I am glad I got to see a variety of other animals. I agree with you that are guide did a very good job of providing information because I feel like I learned a lot of intersting facts from him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katherine,
    It was surprising to me how many people have not gone to Northwest Trek. I agree with you that the travel time is a little bit much, but I do think that it is worth it given the fact that we got to see many interesting animals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your feedback - it is a long drive.!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts