Blog Post #2: Reflection on Trip to Carkeek Park

This was my first time at Carkreek Park and it was an uncomfortable but enjoyable experience. My clammy hands made me realize that humidity and a cold morning don't go well together. It was still a good experience to be in the field rather on a chair with a notebook all day. I remember learning about stuff that can slow down the speed of a stream. I've never really thought about that before so I thought it was interesting hearing about it for the first time. It was cool to hear that salmon like calmer waters toothe more you know. I find myself with a new appreciation for wetlands after the trip. It's one thing seeing it pass by outside your window on the highway and something completely different actually knowing and experiencing a wetland itself. I shall smile upon seeing all future wetlandsif it wasn't so humid and cold.

Some questions:
Where do underwater organisms disappear to during dryer times? Ponds? Streams?
How many types of wetlands are there in the world? Can some be found in deserts?

I took a picture of a random log between two trees at the park before we ended our trip. It stood out to me by just being random and unique. Reminded of me that trees still do die naturally by old age just like every other living being. And when they die, they just don't disappear, they contribute to the community around them in some way. Hopefully in future trips I would be able to take much cooler pictures.



~ esp

Comments

  1. I like what you said about trees growing old, just like all other living beings. It's so cool how trees help other organisms grow, even after they die. Great picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will take cool photos and make sure to dress warmly! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts