Blog Post #1

Hi, my name is Elijah Spencer. I also go by Eli. I'm a Running Start student and I'm taking this class to graduate from high school and to complete my AA degree. As for my goal in life, I want to make music for people so I will study music after transferring to a different college. I also have a general interest in ecology (and basically everything else in the world). I think I'd like to learn how the individual pieces of an environment come together as a whole.  My experience with ecological systems (other than grade school science classes) is simply speculating how things interact or reading a web novel that would subtly include a piece of ecology in its story. My favorite animal is spiders. I tend to get weird looks after saying that, although I get weird looks all the time. I don't have a favorite outdoor place in western Washington, but I do have a few places I've been to that I like: Death Valley, the pond with ducks near my house, the nature walk in Bellingham, the beautiful forested hills of Japan, the cliff-side nature walk in Renton, and the swamp rivers in Florida. I'm also blasian. Hope we get along! Also here's a pic of me on a random beach.

Comments

  1. (OKAY SO I HAVE TRIED POSTING FOR THE PAST 4 DAYS AND MY COMPUTER IS NOT LETTING ME SO I AM JUST GOING TO POST IT IN THE COMMENTS!)

    Hello my name is Kevin Villalobos and I am taking Western Washington Ecology because I need to take a few more natural science classes in order to graduate from here and i have a higher interest in ecology than most other natural sciences. What i would like to learn in this course is how humans are affecting the environment and what we can do to reverse or slow down the damage we are causing. My major is psychology but I may switch over to neuroscience but I am not totally sure, we'll see where my intuition takes me. To be honest I am super inexperienced with ecological systems. The only biology i learned was from tenth grade biology class. I am not an outdoor person either, but I did just start hiking this last summer and enjoyed it. I do not have a favorite western washington organism because I would not be able to name a whole bunch. My favorite place in western washington to visit as of now is Picnic Point Park because of how peaceful it is. Something interesting about me is I take ice cold showers daily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to meet you Elijah. What kind of music do you like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ka Ki. I like all music. I like to listen to rock, k-pop, soundtracks, hip hop, etc. How about you?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts