NW Trek


This was my first time to Northwest Trek. It was very interesting; however, I was little bit sad and disappointed because most of the pictures that I took during the tram tour most of the animals they didn't face to me. 

                         


 
     Bighorn Sheep(It was eating grass)
-Tram Tour              



Bison-Tram Tour
Gray Wolf

The most interesting thing that I saw and heard was I saw 3 gray wolves were howling. They were communicating to each other. When I got closer and tried to communicate to them, they ran away. They were very cool, when they were howling together. The most interesting that I learned is gray wolf howling session of last an average of 35 seconds for single wolves and 85 seconds for pack howling. There is often a break of several minutes between sessions. The favorite part of the visit was walking around on my own answering questions. I think the trip does not worth for fall quarter because of the cold weather, most of the animals are lazy to show up, but I still enjoyed the trip.


Howling

Comments

  1. Dang. My group never actually got to go check out the wolves. Even though its walking away it is dang gorgeous. I wish I had made it over there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts