Blog Post Bonus NW Trek



I've never been to NW-Trek before and it was a pretty neat experience! There were plenty of really cool animals and enclosures so it's hard to pick one I enjoyed the most, but I think I have to go with the Lynx. They were very active when I saw them and have such a cool look about them, what with the ear tufts and disproportionately large paws. The most interesting thing I learned was from one of the employees who was telling me about the birth control they use for the animals to control their breeding habits. It had never occurred to me that they might use something like that, I just assumed they separated the animals. By far my favorite part was getting to walk around and see the enclosures. It reminded me a lot of being a kid back in california and going to the zoo or wild animal park. Overall I'd say it was a  worthwhile trip. I would have preferred to be on a day when I didn't have so much going on, but that's just life. I think I'll go back next time a family member is in town!

Comments

Popular Posts