Pine Ridge Park

10-27-2017

Slightly windy morning

At Pine Ridge Park it was a forest, a lot of trees, ferns, shrubs, etc. A green habitat, that is doing pretty well. It was interesting to see fungi and its relationship with trees.




I picked this fern(lady fern) because of how beautiful it is and it was the first one that I paid attention to. It looked easy to draw as well which was convenient.

I chose the Western Red Cedar because it was low enough for me to observe it. It has a nice color to it and the branches smelled good. The branches were sticky which was cool.
Easily the most interesting looking Fungi in my opinion, it was super squishy and fun to play with. We took this from a fallen tree, this Fungi was decomposing the log and bringing it back in another form.

Comments

Popular Posts