Carkeek Park

                                 
  
Before Friday's field trip I have not been to carkeek  park before. After visiting, I was pretty surprised that I had never been there before and I do intend on going there again in the future. Overall, my experience was good. In my opinion, I really do think it is a good way to learn about Western Washington ecology because I was able to learn quite a bit from this experience. I really enjoyed having something to visually look at as we dicussed various topics. I think the most interesting thing for me was learning about The Native American culture and some of their traditions such as how they would conduct  potlatches. In relation to what I saw in nature I think it was really interesting learning about the wetlands and how they help the environment around them with filtering pollutants. Discussing the wetlands that we saw changed my perspective because in the past I would've thought nothing of that area of land. I would have just walked past it and assumed it was just a muddy patch of land, but after discussing it I have a new outlook and understanding. One question I had after seeing the wetlands and briefly discussing how they are being destroyed and efforts are being made to create man made ones was if there is a specific processes in creating them? Secondly, In the past I would never really noticed how the trains where effecting the the plants around them and after taking note of it and discussing it, my second question is how is it effecting the water and the other organisms in and around the water?




Comments

  1. Hey Selena! I also thought learning about the Native American culture was very interesting. I definitely learned new things about their history and traditions. It would have been cool if I stayed longer to learn about it more with the elementary students haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed learning about the wetlands too. It's scary that global warming and changes to the ecosystem to destroy the wetlands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed learning about the wetlands too. It's scary that global warming and changes to the ecosystem to destroy the wetlands.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed the talk from Ronn Bear Claw too. Can you check your photo? It's not showing up for me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts