Blog Post #1


I took this class because I desire to be more connected with the environment around me. I feel like I can better appreciate the ecosystem around me by possessing more knowledge about ecology. I'd like to be able to identify surrounding trees and plants that l have grown up with and under appreciated. One of my favorite places in western Washington is undoubtably mountain loop highway. There is access to so many amazing locations and trail heads that allow hikers to be better connected with nature. I am pursuing some form of visual arts, my main craft is photography. Something interesting about me is that my camera is attached to my hip and I am always taking photos!

Comments

  1. The hikes off of the mountain loop highway are awesome, my favorite so far has been Mt. Pilchuck, which is so rewarding when you get to that little lookout on the top. The last time I was there I even witnessed a flyby from a helicopter and the sky was so clear I could see hundreds of miles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Photography is cool. I like photography too, but I am not very enthusiastic. I always study my camera, and I still didn't understand some functions. Last year, I tried to take night sky and star with my camera, it is hard to shoot the night stars obviously. Finally, I gave up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mountain loop highway is amazing! You must have some incredible shots of that area. I've always loved photography i've just always struggled with consistency, I forget to grab it all the time but I've been wanting to get back to it. It seems like a really rewarding skill and artistic medium. Would love to see some of your photography!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see lots of cool photos from you on Instagram!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts