Post 1

Hi all! My name is Maja (sounds like Maya) and i've lived in Edmonds most of my life. I come from a commercial fishing family up in Alaska. I spent most of my summers on my fathers boat surrounded by the Alaskan wilderness and all of that inspired a strong love for nature. I chose to take this course to learn more about specific plants, bugs and other organisms and their ecosystems. I am hoping to pursue a career in Environmental Technology and am looking to attend a program for it on Vancouver Island. My biggest experience with ecological systems would come from fishing and witnessing the incredible migration of the salmon we harvest.
My favorite places in Washington would have to be Vashon Island, the North Cascades and anywhere on the coast!
I love hiking and climbing, playing guitar and piano, traveling and spending time with family and friends.

Comments

  1. I have family up in Alaska. It's a wonderful place. I went to visit and there is really no environment like Alaska. I hope to go again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I really enjoyed reading your blog post. I think that the things that you shared are really cool and intersting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool that your time surrounded by Alaskan wilderness inspired your love of nature! I think it's awesome that you play guitar and piano as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please always feel free to share your knowledge of salmon... Looking forward to volunteering with you at Carkeek Park!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts