Blog post #1

Hi Everyone!
My Name is Shannon, I decided to take Western Washington ecology because I needed the science credit but I also wanted to take it because I feel that this is going to be a unique science course. I thought that I would much rather be out exploring and hands on learning than just sitting and reading. I love hiking and would like to learn a little more about the ecosystem that makes Washington as beautiful as it is. I am hoping to major in human services, I have been working as an intern Corrections officer at the Snohomish County Jail, but would like to move into the field of helping those struggling with addiction. My favorite Western Washington organism is definitely the Orca, when I was younger I was taken out on a boat to go whale watching and fell in love, after that I found myself watching documentaries like Blackfish and found them to be one of the most amazing creatures. My favorite place to go in Western Washington is lake 22. The hike is a really nice challenge and the view on the way up and at the top is incredible. Aside from interning in the jail, I also have 3 project cars, I tandem drift cars with my friends, and I have 11 tattoos, 2 of which are on the bottoms of my feet!

Comments

  1. Hi Shannon! I totally agree with you in taking this class in order to be hands on with the explorations. I also really love hiking and Lake 22 is one of my favorite hikes to go on with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Shannon! Your job is so interesting. We both like hiking and orcas! I have never been to Lake 22, but my favorite hike is Twin Falls

    ReplyDelete
  3. What does "tandem drift[ing]cars" mean? It sounds cool. Is the bottom of your feet the most painful place to get tattoos? I can't imagine they last very long there!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts