Introduction - Michele


Hi everyone, my name is Michele (yes that is one L, not a typo). I am taking this Western Washington Ecology course because I love being in the outdoors here and chemistry was way to hard. I moved here from Florida about eight years ago and I would trade mountains for the beaches in a heartbeat. I really hope to learn more about all the different mushrooms (yum) and various plant and animal life that I often see on my hiking trips. I am studying for an AA transfer degree, and ultimately would like to work with people in a nutritionist or dietary area. Over the past several years, my husband and I have gone on many hikes in all kinds of weather and have experienced many different types of plants, bugs, birds and even a very close encounter with an owl. My favorite western Washington organism has to be the mushroom. I know there are many different species, and I just find them interesting and love to take pictures of them. I drink mushroom coffee daily, and take Host Defense mushroom extracts, which I strongly believe in the health benefits. By far my favorite hikes we have gone on would be Tolmie Peak Lookout near Mt. Rainer as well as Chain Lakes loop on Mt. Baker. Sorry I missed the 1st day of class and the opportunity to meet all of you. I am very excited to get started after locating the required books and meeting our teacher!

- Michele

Comments

  1. Hi Michele! I used to live in Florida too. The cold rain here can't compare to Florida's sunshine. I hope we'll have a great quarter together as classmates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree... on cold rainy days here, I miss the warm Florida sun a lot.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts