Blog Post #1


Hello! My Name is Selena. I took this Western Washington Ecology course not only because I needed it for a requirement, but also because it seemed more intriguing to me than the other options. In this course I would like to learn how to identify different organisms in nature and identify some of their characteristics. I am currently working towards receiving my AA and I have not come to a conclusion on what I would like to major in just yet. My experience with ecological systems is mostly from general exposure to them in my daily life; however, I do have some experience with observing and analyzing them through school. In my opinion, I think that there are so many equally fascinating and amazing organisms in Western Washington and because of that I can’t really pick a favorite. My favorite outdoor places in Western Washington are probably the beaches because I really enjoy kayaking with my family and friends.  Lastly, something interesting about me is that I have played soccer for 11 years now. 

Comments

  1. Hi Selena, I think it is cool that you want to learn to identify the organisms around Washington. There are so many that it is probably sometimes hard to decipher between some of them, but I think that would be a great thing to learn in this class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Selena! I love going kayaking as well! Where do you usually go kayaking? I've been looking for new places to explore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Shannon! One of my favorite places to go is Larabee state park, but some of the other places I go are Edmonds beach, Mukilteo beach, Kayak Pointe, and Camano Island.

      Delete
  3. If you love beaches, you should consider taking Marine Bio in the spring... beaches are my favorite too... I grew up on the beach. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts