Blog Post #1

   
  I've always been interested in the local plants and wildlife and I love going on walks and hikes with other people so the course was a great fit to help me get some science credits. I would really like to be able to better identify different organisms in the area. I'm currently studying business marketing but plan to go into IP law after finishing my undergraduate degree. I previously took a class that was sort of an introduction to western Washington ecology and growing up I was always taught about the local environment and how to identify some common plants and animals. Orcas are my favorite animal because they're just so much bigger in person then you expect and their entire pod structure is really interesting. I really like going up to mt.Rainier since it's so pretty and that you can see just how different that area is compared to the places around the Puget Sound. Something interesting about me is that I do have aphantasia, so I can't visualize things, I am still a really creative person and I draw a lot. I have to put every little idea onto paper so I can see the whole thing since I can't see it in my head, so I think having a field journal will be pretty good to help me remember things.

Comments

  1. I have yet to see any orca's in the sound, other than other peoples pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My father is doing a study on aphantasia... let me know if you are interested in participating!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts