Blog Post #1



Hello everyone!! My name is Samar and I am 17 years old. I took this Western Washington Ecology course because I needed it for one of my credits, but I specifically chose this class because I think ti would be really fun since we get to get hand on with this class. I think this a great way for many students to learn since they do not have to visualize everything and can see what is going on in right in front of them. Overall, I thought it would be a great opportunity to have more fun in a science class, which is typically not my most favorite though I am hoping this class changes that opinion of mine. I would like to learn more about the environments of Washington and the life that exists around our neighborhoods. I know that there are some amazing places that I have yet to discover or even know about it, so I am excited to learn more about them. I am currently doing running start in my second year at Edmonds working in getting my AA to then transfer to a four year University in hopes of majoring in Psychology and minoring in School Administration in hopes of becoming a school counselor. Though I do not have anything set in stone. I do not have much experience with the ecological systems except for the little we were taught in middle and high school. I do not have a favorite organism because I have found them all interesting from a young age. I do not have one specific location in Washington that I like to go to, but I do enjoy exploring and finding new trails to hike on. Something interesting about me is that I pay attention to very fine, miniscule details that are not relevant but make a huge difference for me personally. 

Comments

  1. Hello! As you said in your post, I also think this class is good for visual learners and because I am a visual learner I am looking frward to this class. Additionally, I also think that it is fun to explore new trails on a hike because it is so cool to expirience the diffrent types of charachteristics a trail may have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree, I chose this class for the same reason! It can sometimes be hard for me to learn if I am just sitting in a classroom day after day just taking notes, so I think this class is so unique in that we get to be out, experiencing nature first hand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you enjoying going on our field trips and learning about ecology this quarter!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts