TJ Payne (Hey look, I figured out how to post a picture!)

I am taking this course for two reasons. The first is that it's the last class I need for my AA. The second is because biology is my favorite subject. It's the area in school that I have always excelled at, and while I don't see myself turning it into a career (mostly because of the math and chemistry part of it), I couldn't think of a better way to finish my time at Edcc.

In this course, I am hoping to learn about things that will kill me. That is to say that I want to hike and backpack more, so not getting myself killed would be a definite plus.

To say I have a plan is a bit of an overstatement. At the moment I think a double major in marketing and poli-sci would be cool just so I can tell people that I majored in propaganda.

My experience with ecological systems is a lot of independent research and interest at the reins of a laptop or book. My hands-on experience is nil.
I don't have a real favorite outdoors place, but I am hoping to find something during this course. I am interested in outdoor rock climbing in Gold Bar, but as for now, I do all my climbing indoors.

Besides my love of bad horror movies, I'm a huge all-around film nerd. I've written and scrapped more scripts for shorts and cartoons than I'd care to admit.

Comments

  1. You do rock climbing! That's so awesome, i've only every tried bouldering, so a belaying course is in the works.Where is this outdoor place in Gold Bar?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's lots of ways to work in biology without doing the math & chemistry part - perhaps as a science writer or bioanthropologist.... just something to think about. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts